Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 14th

Today was my last full day here, I get to go home tomorrow around noon! It is bittersweet though - I know I have a long way to go and need a lot more therapy, but it is going to feel so good to finally go home after being in the hospital for a month. I get to sleep in my own bed & wake up when I want :-)

James came early this morning and observed while I had OT & PT. He received training on how to walk with me, and I practiced getting in & out of our vehicle (no problem with that!). In PT, I tried walking with a different type of walker; it has 4 wheels & a seat to sit in if I get tired. I think I walked a lot better with that one than the one I was using before. It's just more difficult to back up. I ordered my wheelchair & walker today - I asked for a purple walker :-)    My wheelchair was just delievered a few minutes ago & I should get my walker tomorrow. James went to the store this afternoon & bought me some more supplies - a 2 1/2 lb ankle weight (for my left leg) and a blood presure cuff. Geezy peezy, I have become high maintenance!

Well, I found out that I cannot go to Day Therapy for 2 weeks because my insurance will not cover it. I can go to outpatient therapy for an hour a day, three days a week (for 30 sessions), at the same place though. My 1st session is Friday at 2pm.

Tomorrow will be a busy morning; I have my final PT session, then I meet with the staff to go over my meds & action plan. Once all that is done, I get to blow this joint!!!!!!

I have to say that the staff at St Francis & Sheltering Arms have been absolutely fantastic! They were very personable & the therapist challanged me daily. My sincere appreciation goes out to all of them!

Last, but certainly not least, I want to thank ALL of you for your support & kind words. My family & friends are the ones who got me through this very difficult time. Without ya'll, I'd be lost. Thank you for standing by me!!!!!!!

Well, my first phase of my recovery process is almost over. Tomorrow, the second phase begins. This phase will be just as difficult, but I will have James & my family by my side - plus I will have Zack & Mollie to constantly lift my spirits! I'm looking forward to this next chapter...

No comments:

Post a Comment