Monday, June 13, 2011

June 13th

Well, time here is winding down. I had a very busy day today. PT right after breakfast for 1/2 hour, then I had a field trip. My Recreational therapist took me to Target; she wanted me to experience getting in & out of a vehicle and using a motorized cart inside a store. The cart was huge & somewhat difficult getting around some areas, but it was fun - nothing better than retail therapy! :-)

As soon as I got off the elevator, I was snatched by PT for another hour session. I did many laps on the Zero-G and 5 mins on the treadmill. I then practiced walking (with walker) from chair to chair and sitting down & getting up. I also had to walk w/o my walker short distances. When I was sitting down, I looked to my left & saw someone looking at me. My vision isn't the greatest, so I looked again; it was Mr. Hughes. I was surprised to see him! That was very nice of him to come & visit me.

On the way to my therapy, I ran into Chris Cahoon & daughter in the hallway. His wife had a doctor's appointment at the hospital & he dropped by to see me for a few minutes. Looks like he may have girl  #3 soon!

Next, I had OT for 1 1/2 hours. I did a lot of hand excercises. I also did a touch test & passed on both hands; however my left hand failed on the temperature test.

Jamie came by & brought me lots of munchies & James brought me some homemade potato soup & cucumber salad that Barbara made - needless to say I skipped dinner & ate in my room! It all tasted SO good!!!! Now I am all showered & tummy is full, ready for some more good Zzzzz's!

Tomorrow is my last full day here!

No comments:

Post a Comment